Butter cake is one of the easiest and simple cakes to make with less number of ingredients. It is originated in USA and has many versions. The main key of the butter cake is using equal amounts of ingredients. This is so delicious and soft and perfect for birthdays, holidays and evenings!
The main ingredient would be butter and make sure that you do not use margarine for this. This cake is typically best when stored in room temperature and if you refrigerate it or make it dry it would loose the flavor and the moist consistency.
- 200 grams butter
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs (200 grams when weighed)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175°C degrees ( 347°F ) and butter 9″ x 9″ pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until it foams. DO NOT beat until you get peaks! Just foams are enough!
- Save 1 cup of egg white foams in a cup for later use.
- To a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar.
- Beat them until the sugar dissolves and becomes creamy.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and beat.
- Add the remaining egg whites. ( not the egg white foams we saved! )
- Add vanilla and beat until you get a thick batter.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder into the batter gradually and fold it using a spatula.
- Add the egg white foams we saved earlier and mix slightly using the spatula. DO NOT beat; just fold using a spatula!
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and tap to get rid of the air bubbles.
- Bake for 35 minutes in 175°C degrees ( 347°F ) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tray and let it cool down. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Do you love baking cakes? Here are some more cake recipes!