Coffee cake is an ideal cake for beautiful evenings, birthdays, holidays and so on. It is a cake flavored with coffee either store bought or homemade. You can eat this either with or without butter icing. This is a perfect cake for all the coffee lovers and it is so easy to make, delicious, soft and moist! You will need only few ingredients to make this delicious cake!
- 200 grams salted butter
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs (200 grams when weighed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175°C degrees ( 347°F ) and butter 9″ x 9″ pan or line it with parchment paper.
- Mix the instant coffee with hot water until coffee dissolves completely and let it cool.
- Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks and egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until it foams. DO NOT beat until you get peaks! Just foams are enough!
- Save 1 cup of egg white foams in a cup for later use.
- To a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugar.
- Beat them until the sugar dissolves and becomes creamy.
- Add the egg yolks one by one and beat.
- Add the remaining egg whites. ( not the egg white foams we saved! )
- Add vanilla and coffee mixture and beat until you get a thick batter.
- Sift in the flour and baking powder into the batter gradually and fold it using a spatula.
- Add the egg white foams we saved earlier and mix slightly using the spatula. DO NOT beat; just fold using a spatula!
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and tap to get rid of the air bubbles.
- Bake for 35 minutes in 175°C degrees ( 347°F ) or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the tray and let it cool down. Cut into pieces and enjoy!
Are you a cakey person? Here are some more recipes of cake that you would like!