Creamy chicken puff is extremely creamy, soft and delicious which is perfect for a snack at a family gathering or a birthday party. It is so easy make these creamy chicken puffs and need only few ingredients. The main ingredients needed for this recipe are prepared choux pastry and this amazing and creamy chicken mixture. The mixture is super creamy and milky! Your kiddos would love this recipe!
For the recipe of choux pastry, check my previous post!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 200 grams chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
Making the puffs :
- Preheat the oven to 200°C degrees ( 392°F ).
- Pipe the choux pastry into the shape you want on a buttered tray.
- Bake it for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Take the tray out and put a little slit using a knife so that the air inside the puffs and bake again for 5 minutes.
Making the mixture :
- Season the chicken cubes with 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 tablespoon pepper and chilli powder.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chicken.
- Cook the chicken for around 15 minutes or chicken is completely cooked.
- Add butter to a separate pan and heat until the butter melts.
- Add the flour and mix well until cooks.
- Add milk and stir until it gets thicker.
- When the mixture become saucy, add onion, capsicum and garlic and mix.
- When it is cooked add the cooked chicken and mix well.
- Keep stiring for another 2-3 minutes and remove from the stove.
- Split the baked puffs using a sharp knife.
- Add a spoonful from the chicken mixture in between the slit.
- Enjoy with your loved ones!
If you love more snacks here are some suggestions!