Deep fried eggplant curry is one of the most delicious side dishes made in Sri Lanka. This is made by deep frying most of the ingredients. The main thing that should be considered when making this dish is using a clay pot. The dish is more delicious when it is cooked in a clay pot. This eggplant curry can be served with anything such as rice, fried rice, yellow rice and so on.
- 500 grams eggplants
- 100 grams small red onions, half cut
- 5-6 green chillies, half cut
- bunch of curry leaves
- 1 cup coconut milk, first extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon roasted curry powder
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- oil to fry
- Cut the eggplants into half and then into long thin stripes.
- Deep fry the eggplants, onions, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Place all the fried ingredients on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
Making of gravy:
- Into a mixing bowl, add coconut milk, salt, chilli powder, pepper, curry powder, roasted curry powder, vinegar and sugar.
- Mix all together until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- To a clay pot, pour the milk mixture.
- Stir constantly until the milk starts to boil.
- When the gravy is boiling, add the fried ingredients and mix well.
- Stir for 5 minutes more until the gravy becomes thicker.
Do you love Sri Lankan food? Here are some Sri Lankan recipes for you!