Devilled prawns is an easy, delicious and family favorite recipe in Sri Lanka. You will need only few ingredients to make this and all the ingredients are easy to find and available at home in day-to-day life. This recipe is perfect to go with any meal and with rice, noodles, bread, fried rice and so on. Devilled Prawns is perfect to satisfy your fierce craving for prawn!
You can use any kind of prawns either fresh or frozen but we recommend you to use fresh prawn as it gives that amazing flavor! Prawns should be clean and deveined! Rinse the prawns thoroughly and pat dry using a paper towel.
- 500 grams large prawns, clean and deveined
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 6-8 garlic, chopped
- 1 large capsicum, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- bunch of curry leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Add prawns to a mixing bowl, add 1/2 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper and lime juice and mix well.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan.
- Add the marinated prawns in a single layer.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Flip the prawns to the other side and cook for another 5 minutes or until golden.
- Remove the prawns from the stove and set aside.
Making the dish:
- Add remaining oil to a large pan and heat.
- Add the chopped garlic and curry leaves to the pan.
- When the garlic becomes golden and fragrant, add onion and cook until golden.
- Add the capsicum and tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes and mix until well combined.
- Add soy sauce, tomato sauce and oyster sauce and mix well.
- Add the cooked prawns and mix until well combined.
Below are some Extra Spicy recipes we have got for you!