A whole fish can be cooked using numerous methods. Baking a whole fish is quite challenging but this recipe is easy and in the end it turns out to be insanely delicious! This is so easy to make and all the ingredients are easy to find! Baked fish is a perfect side dish for family gatherings and special occasions! The gravy of this dish is super delicious and mouth-watering! For this oven baked fish, you can mostly use Red Mullet fish as it is easy to buy from normal fish markets. Always try to use fresh fish to get that amazing flavor!
First of everything, rinse and clean the fish! Remove all the scales and fins of the fish. Make sure to get rid of all the scales! Put a small slit near the head to pull out the fish’s innards. Use a spoon or fingers to scoop out all the fish’s innards! Pat dry the fish to get rid of excess water!
Please consider that the quantities for the marinade will differ according to the size of the fish you use!
- 1 Red Mullet whole fish, rinsed and cleaned
- 250 grams curd
- 10 – 12 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 – 2 green chillies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Line the baking tray with foil and grease with oil.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C degrees ( 392°F ).
- Pat dry the cleaned fish and make deep cuts on the both sides of the fish.
4. To a grinding jar, add the garlic cloves, ginger, sliced onion, sliced green chillies and water.
5. Grind them until it becomes a thick paste.
6. To a mixing bowl, add the ground paste, curd, salt, pepper powder, chilli powder, curry powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, lemon juice and oil.
7. Mix all together until well combined.
8. Place the fish on a flat surface and pour half of the marinade over the fish.
9. Flip the sides and pour the remaining marinade.
10. Put the prepared fish in the refrigerator for 1 hour to marinate.
11. Transfer the marinated fish onto the baking tray and brush some oil on the top side of the fish.
12. Bake for 45 minutes at 200°C degrees ( 392°F ).
13. Serve hot with onion rings and lime slices.
Do you love to eat fish? Here are some more fish recipes!