Tiramisu is one of the most famous desserts in the world which was originated in Italy. This is easy, creamy and insanely delicious!
The key ingredients of the original recipe are ladyfinger cookies and mascarpone cheese. This is a luxurious dessert with layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and cream. This has both cream flavors and coffee flavors and also some kind of chocolate flavor as we decorate the pudding with some cocoa powder or you can used some shaved chocolates! The reason of using ladyfingers for this is it absorbs the coffee in just few seconds and adds a beautiful coffee flavor to the dish.
But this recipe is not the original, traditional Tiramisu! As we rarely find mascarpone cheese in Sri Lanka, we substitute it with cream cheese! So this recipe is Tiramisu in Sri Lankan style!
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ladyfingers cookies
- 2 cups strong coffee (espresso)
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- cocoa powder or shaved chocolates for garnishing
Making the cream:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream to medium peaks.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and sugar. Beat them together until the sugar dissolves and the mixture becomes a thick and creamy batter.
- Add brandy to the cream cheese mixture and beat for another 5 minutes in high speed.
- Add the whipping cream little by little, to the cream cheese mixture and fold using a spatula until well combined. Do not use a beater for this.
- Dip half of the ladyfingers one or two at a time in coffee and arrange in a flat dish.
- Pour some from the cream mixture and flatten using a spatula.
- Again dip the remaining ladyfingers in coffee and arrange on top of the cream layer.
- Pour all the remaining cream on top of the coffee-soaked ladyfingers.
- Dust some cocoa powder on top of the cream layer or dust some shaved chocolates.
- If you are non alcoholic, use some vanilla instead of brandy! If you do not have brandy, use rum, almond liquor, coffee liquor or anything!
- Do not dip the ladyfingers for more than 5 seconds! It absorbs the coffee syrup quickly!
- Keep the whipping cream in the refrigerator until the last moment as we need it chilled!
- The cream cheese should be in room temperature to beat it!
Are you a sweets lover? Here are some sweet recipes for you!