Lasagna or Lasagne is a flat type of pasta which is used to make the signature dish, Lasagna. To make this delicious Lasagna, we are used to use the store bought, instant lasagna sheets. These can be expensive in some countries and not always available in every super market. These lasagna sheets are so easy to make and it can be made just as the store bought ones without the pasta machine and you need only few easy ingredients only!
The dough is so easy to make and it is delicious too. After making the dough, all you have to do is roll! roll! roll! until the sheets become really thin. If the sheets are thick, the lasagna dish would not give the real taste.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- water as required
- To a large mixing bowl, add in 2 cups of flour,salt and the eggs.
- Mix all together using a spatula until the mixture is soft.
- Add in water little by little and mix, if the dough is stiff.
- Place the dough on a floured flat surface.
- Knead it well for around 15 minutes until you get a non sticky, soft and smooth dough.
- Form the dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes to firm. The texture of the dough should be like this.
7. Divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
8. Dust a flat surface to roll the dough.
9. Take one portion and flatten it using your hands.
10. Dust some flour onto the dough and start rolling. The more you roll and make it thinner, the sheet would be delicious. When you hold up the dough, you should be able to see your fingers through it.
11. Cut the pasta into rectangular sheets using a knife or a pastry wheel.
12. Keep the sheets on a floured surface to prevent it from sticking.
13. While making the sheets, bring a large pan with water to boil.
14. When the water is boiling add the lasagna sheets three or four at a time to it and add salt, soy sauce and little bit of olive oil.
15. Cook the lasagna sheets till al-dente or your preference.
16. When the sheets are cooked, drain and keep them aside.
Do you love Italian food? Here are some recipe suggestions!