Pasta is one of the most popular and delicious dishes in Italian cuisine. There are so many ways to make pasta either with any meat, seafood or plain. This casserole dish is made with chicken and cheese, layered with baked potato slices. It is spicy, saucy, cheesy and insanely delicious. This is so easy to make and an obvious family favorite! You can use any type of pasta for this and I have used Penne pasta.
- 500 grams boiled pasta
- 3 – 4 large potatoes, peeled
- 400 grams minced chicken
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 6 inch celery stick, chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1 – 2 green chillies, sliced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium size tomatoes, sliced
- 8 – 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons chilli flakes
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons oil
To bake potatoes :
- Preheat the oven to 200°C degrees ( 392°F ).
- Grease the baking tray with oil.
- Thinly slice the potatoes and put into a bowl with cold water.
- Wash the potato slices well until the starch is removed.
- Pat dry the potato slices and put into a mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper powder, a pinch of chilli flakes and 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Mix all together until all the potato slices are coated well.
- Place the potato slices on the baking tray and bake at 200°C degrees ( 392°F ) for 15 – 20 minutes until crispy. DO NOT OVERCROWD THE TRAY WITH POTATO SLICES! They will be softened and boiled without being crispy if the tray is overcrowded!
To make pasta :
- Season the minced chicken with 1 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon pepper powder, 1 tablespoon chilli powder and 1 tablespoon soy sauce.
- Mix all together and let it marinate for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In a large pan, heat oil.
- Add chopped garlic and fry until golden.
- Add onions and fry until golden.
- Add in carrots, celery, green chillies and bell pepper.
- Mix all together and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until they are softened, covering with a lid.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt, 2 tablespoons pepper powder, 2 tablespoons chilli flakes and mix well.
- Add the seasoned chicken and mix well. Cover with the lid and let it cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce and marinara sauce and mix well until it starts to boil.
- Reserve half of the meat sauce in a bowl for later use.
- Add the boiled pasta into the remaining sauce and mix well until all the pasta is coated.
- Grease the casserole dish with oil.
- Layer the bottom of the casserole dish with baked potato slices.
- Add pasta onto the potato slices.
- Add 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese onto the pasta layer.
- Add the remaining baked potato slices onto the cheese layer.
- Pour the reserved meat sauce onto the potato layer.
- Cover the top layer with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 200°C degrees ( 392°F ) for 15 – 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Searching for main course ideas? Here are some suggestions!