Potato pancakes are one of the perfect snacks for family gatherings to have while having a little chit chat! It is the best when it is served hot! You can make it more or less spicy according to your preference. The more you flatten the pancake, the more it will be crispy! This is a delicious surprise for your loved ones! Potato pancakes are so easy to make and all the ingredients are so easy to find!
You can use large or medium sized potatoes or even baby potatoes! I say this recipe is so easy to make because all the ingredients are already available at your house. You can make this recipe on gloomy evenings as an evening snack or for family gatherings or occasions to share with your loved ones. You can make the recipe more spicy by adding more chilli powder or can make it less spicy by reducing the amount of chilli powder. Serve this hot with some tomato ketchup or sour cream if you have!
- 3 large potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- bunch of curry leaves, chopped
- 1 large egg
- oil to fry
- Grate the potatoes from the large holes side in the grater.
- Soak the grated potatoes in cool water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the grated potatoes and rinse until the water comes out clean.
- Place them on a paper towel or a kitchen cloth to drain the excess water.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the grated potatoes, flour, salt, pepper, chilli powder, chopped onions, chopped garlic, chopped green chillies, chopped curry leaves and the egg.
- Mix all until well combined. You will get a thick batter!
- To a non stick pan, add tablespoon of oil and heat.
- Take a spoonful from the mixture and put it on the pan and flatten it using the backside of the spoon or a spatula.
- Close the lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and fry until golden.
- Serve hot with some sauce!