For all the pasta lovers around the world, this is something special! Spicy beef pasta but in Sri Lankan style! This is not the traditional recipe but a fusion! I used penne pasta for this recipe but you can use any kind of pasta, even spaghetti! And if you don’t like beef, you can use chicken!
- 400 grams penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 400 grams minced beef
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 6 inch celery stick, chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- bunch of curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the beef and some salt and mix well.
- Let the beef cook for 10 minutes until the beef is browned, stirring occasionally to separate the meat pieces.
- Pour off any excess fat.
- Add the chopped garlic, onion, green chillies and curry leaves to the cooked with and mix well until the onions and garlic is light golden.
- Add the carrots, capsicum and celery and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and close the lid for 3 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
- Add salt, pepper, chilli flakes, curry powder, soy sauce and tomato sauce and mix well.
- Add the cooked pasta and mix until well combined.
Here are some Italian recipes for all the Italian lovers!