Eggplant is an easy-to-find vegetable in Sri Lanka. There are many delicious dishes that can be easily made using eggplants. This eggplant salad is made by combining the deep fried eggplants with all other raw ingredients. This is easy to make, homey, fresh and family favorite! This eggplant salad is a perfect side dish for rice, yellow rice, fried rice and so on.
- 500 grams eggplant, thinly sliced
- 100 grams red onions, thinly sliced
- 2-3 green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon mustard cream, homemade or store bought
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Deep fry the thinly sliced eggplants and place on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the fried eggplants, red onions and green chillies.
- Add mustard cream, sugar, salt and vinegar and mix well.
Here are some more Sri Lankan side dishes recommended for you!