This stir-fried noodles have a great flavor and a lot of vegetables! This is an easy and quick recipe which is perfect for busy weeknights! Also, this is a great lunch box idea! All you need for this super delicious stir-fried noodles recipe is lots of vegetables and your favorite noodles! It is super easy to make and all the ingredients are so easy to find!
Stir fry is a cooking method which is originated from China. There are chicken stir-fries, Vegetable stir-fries and so many stir-fry recipes out there! If you are not a vegetarian and if you don’t really like vegetarian recipes, of course you can add chicken, fish or any meat for this.
The sauce that we are going to make for this delicious noodles are more flavorful! It is just a combination of few ingredients which are already available at your home kitchen!
- 400 grams noodles
- 1/2 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 5-6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red or green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup leeks, sliced
- 2-3 medium size tomatoes, thinly sliced
- bunch of curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoon, butter
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon spring onion bulbs, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Add salt to taste, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce to the boiling water and add the noodles. When the noodles become tender, drain rinse to stop cooking. Stir in 1 tablespoon of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
- While the noodles are being cooked, to a small mixing bowl, add the tomato ketchup, soy sauce, chopped spring onion bulbs, sugar and cornflour. Mix all together until well combined and set it aside.
- Add oil and butter to a large skillet and heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chopped garlic, ginger and curry leaves.
- Fry until garlic becomes golden.
- Add the sliced onion and green chillies and saute until golden.
- Add the sliced carrots, cabbage and leeks and saute well.
- Add the tomatoes and mix well until combined. Close the lid and let it cook for about 5 minutes until the tomatoes become tender.
- Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes and mix well until combined.
- Add the cooked noodles mix.
- Stir in the prepared sauce and stir fry for more 5 minutes until all the noodles are well coated and cooked through.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- If you need you can add in some chicken to this recipe! Cut the chicken into small bite sized pieces and season with salt, pepper, chilli powder and some soy sauce. Let it marinate for about 10 minutes. Heat some oil in a pan and add the chicken and stir fry until the chicken is cooked through! Add them to the vegetable mixture before adding the noodles in. (After step 9)
- Don’t skip adding the cornflour to the sauce as it helps to thicken the sauce.
- If you have some bell pepper, broccoli, mushrooms, you can add them in too!
You can eat this as a whole main course or you can make some more side dishes to eat with this! Some recommended side dishes for this recipe: